Setting it up
These instructions are for the Flex 3 beta version (Moxie), the links to the Flex download will probably change once Flex 3 is fully released.
For this you will need to download:
- Install the latest version of FlashDevelop
- Unzip the SDK to C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Flex3SDK
- Launch FlashDevelop
- Go to Tools -> Program Settings -> Plugins -> AS3Context -> Settings.
- Set "Flex2SDK Location" to "C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Flex3SDK"
To test do the following:
- Go to Project -> New Project
- Select "ActionScript 3 - Default Project"
- Set the Name as "Test" and select your Location and click OK
- Project -> Test Movie
- You should see a new blank screen named Test.swf
As it' a .NET application it works only on a Windows PC. However, there are reports on the FlashDevelop messageboard that it also works fine on Intel based Macs.